Monday, May 3, 2010

Make It Monday

I went to my favorite grocery store on Saturday night.  I didn't have a list, or really anything I knew for sure I needed to get.  All I knew was that I needed stuff to make dinners.  So, while at Trader Joe's, I came up with this idea, and it worked out well.  So here's the menu from our Sunday dinner.  I didn't have any complaints and you probably won't either.

4 Cheese Ravioli with Italian Sausage and Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients:
  • 2 packages Fresh 4 Cheese Ravioli (I prefer the TJ's stuff, but if you like a different brand better, go with that)
  • 5 links Chicken Sweet Italian Sausage
  • 2 Cups Half and Half
  • 2 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine
  • 2 Tbsp. Flour
  • 1 Cup Shaved Parmesan, Romano, Asiago Blend Cheese
  • Fresh Cracked Pepper
  • Green Salad
  • Sourdough Boule
Start by boiling sausage in a medium saucepan for 10-12 minutes.  Drain.  Set aside on a cutting board to rest 1-2 minutes.  Then cut into bite sized pieces, and set aside on cutting board until needed.

Boil Ravioli according to package directions, drain, set aside in serving dish.

Melt butter on low heat in a medium saucepan.  Whisk in flour. 

Increase heat to medium, then  add half & half all at once, stirring continuously. Add pepper to taste. 

Whisk sauce until it is slightly runnier than gravy.  Then add cheese.  Whisk until melted.

Remove from heat.  Stir in Sausage, then pour sauce mixture over Ravioli.

Serve with green salad, and fresh bread (I bought sourdough and warmed it in the oven while I was cooking).

We also had Trader Joe's Peach Halves in White Grape Juice.  Oh, amazing!  You've gotta try 'em!

Preparation Time: about 30 minutes total

Servings: 8 + large servings.  (If you need to you can cut this recipe in half.  I just cook for a big family so I have to make a lot of food.)

Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know what you think, and if you have any suggestions. Thanks for commenting!