Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cambie Dress Review


Tasia, the Sewaholic, just announced her new pattern today.  The Cambie Dress.   I LOVE this pattern.  I especially love the A-line skirt version.  Of course, sometimes what you love isn't what suits you best.  I muslined the A-line version first.  I didn't love it on me.  I was quite sad.  So I went ahead with the full skirt version (which I also love).

Adjustments: I did an FBA which resulted in a horizontal bust dart being added to the bodice. I also shortened the bodice by one inch in the armscye area.  I used a regular zipper, which I handpicked.

The instructions were easy to follow.  It went together rather quickly, as well.  I made a 12 with a thick waist adjustment.  I am so excited to make this dress for Ashley (once she fits into the smallest size of course).

Fabric: Striped cotton shirting with little flowers embroidered all over for the main fabric and white voile for the lining.  This was my first time using voile.  It is a great lining for hot desert summers!

I HIGHLY recommend this pattern.  I love it!  Sewaholic patterns are wonderful and make a great addition to any pattern stash.





Sorry for the sad phone picture.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know what you think, and if you have any suggestions. Thanks for commenting!