Monday, July 12, 2010

Show your patriotism

For the 4th of July, I made skirts for the girls and an outfit for the boy.  I also embellished the girls' shirts.  I made the tiered skirts out of knit fabrics.  I used the tiered skirt tutorial.  I did 3 tiers using the 1.5x tiers.  I love how they turned out!  I made them much shorter than the previous skirts I have made.  I made fabric yo-yo's for their shirts- one each in red, white, and blue.  I stitched them together and then tacked them to their shirts.  They are easily removed.  Ideally, I will make them into pins so they can be put on any shirt and used every year.
I used the same knit to make Drew's outfit.  I used an existing out fit as a pattern, but added a red stripe in the middle with reverse applique white stars.  I think next time I will make the stripe a bit higher on the chest.  It turned out fairly well.  Next time I will plan ahead better so that I can have colored snaps to match the fabric.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know what you think, and if you have any suggestions. Thanks for commenting!