Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cutting: kcwc day 2

Tonight I started cutting the pattern pieces for the clothing I am sewing for the Kids Clothing Week Challenge.  I cut out all but the ribbing pieces of Drew's outfit.  I cut out the pieces for Alona's dress.  Ashley's dress- I didn't even get to that.

How long does it take to cut out your patterns? 

Well, there are about 9 or 10 pieces (two each) you have to cut for this stinking dress!  Ugh.  I'm thinking there is no way I can finish two of these in one hour a day this week.  I've already put in several hours just cutting tonight!  Oh well.  It is a busy week, so fitting in more than an hour a day is difficult- unless I stay up all night.  That just doesn't work for a mom of 4 in her 30's.  I think its matching the stripes in the fabric that is taking the longest.  What was I thinking?

The blue stripe is for Alona, the pink stripe for Ashley.  The white with little red fire engines is for Drew. 

Oh, and cutting on the floor makes me the messiest when it comes to sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know what you think, and if you have any suggestions. Thanks for commenting!