Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Still sewing: kcwc

I had a crazy busy day yesterday (did I mention I do sewing lessons with two of my girls and two of my friend's girls on Tuesdays?), but I got a bit of sewing in today.  I got the collar stand on the dress for Alona.  I am not adding the top of the collar (the part that folds down over the stand), just the stand.  Kinda like a mandarin collar, but not really.  I also finished off the raw edges at the shoulder and side seams with a zigzag stitch.  I know, I have a serger but I didn't use it.  Why? Because I only have white and black thread for it and I just didn't think it would look that great.  Not that anyone else is going to see the inside, but still.  I am just being picky.  The collar stand turned out to be easier than anticipated.  I am excited to try a full collar when I make some shirts for Drew (hopefully soon, since he has almost no clothing).
Happy sewing!

Oh, and I forgot to tell you!  I signed up for a sewing class at PatternReview.com - it's online, but it is awesome.  It is a couture hand stitch class.  I never really learned how to hand sew, just made it up a I went along, so I am pretty excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know what you think, and if you have any suggestions. Thanks for commenting!