Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Finished- pajamas for the boy

I have finally completed the projects I started back in September for KCWC.  I finished Alona's shirt about a month ago.  I finished the pants for Drew long ago.  The top for him just sat there on my sewing desk.  I didn't have enough ribbing to finish it.  I ended up just using a plain red knit for the cuffs on the pants and had enough to use for the top, but wasn't sure how it would work around the neck.  The other night I decided I should just go for it.  It didn't take me long at all.  The knit worked just fine. It was a bit tricky to get the stitching really straight on the neck binding, but it is just pajamas so I let it slide.  The top turned out so well!  I even did the pocket on the front (which I was thinking of skipping because it looked a bit daunting-it wasn't).  I will post a picture of the pj's just as soon as they are washed.  Drew seems to have soiled the pants every time he wore them, so they are pretty faded.  He wore both to bed last night, so they are dirty now and of course I didn't get a picture last night.  Hopefully later today or tomorrow I will get a picture posted along with a complete pattern review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know what you think, and if you have any suggestions. Thanks for commenting!