I joined up with Scruffy Badger Time for Polka Dot Frock Fest in February. Of course, in my usual style, I didn't finish it in February. I managed to wash the fabric that month, that's it. The pattern is New Look 6000. I love the pictures on the pattern jacket. I wasn't sure how it would look on me, however.
I used a double knit from Girl Charlee. They don't normally have double knit in stock, but I lucked out with a dotted one!
I graded the pattern up, as it only goes up to size 16. I basted it together and it was huge! I ended up taking it back in to just barely bigger than the 16, cutting the neck and shoulder seams down between sizes 12 and 14.
Checking the fit before adding sleeves and neck facing.
Catch stitching the hem.
The dress went together rather quickly, and I really shouldn't have put it off so long. I was just so unsure of the sizing. It all worked out in the end!
I wore it to my cousin's wedding for it's debut.
I love the pleating!
Unfortunately, the fabric is very fond of static. I need an awesome slip and a can of static spray, apparently.
I do love the dress. The neckline is wonderful.The sleeve length is great for me. I didn't add the cuffs, as I didn't really prefer those.
I may sew this again, but not any time soon.



I love the dress, it looks fabulous :-) Love the pleat detail on the front.
ReplyDeleteI have just learnt the catch stitch - isn't it wonderful, so easy and looks great as well.
Thank you! I love the catch stitch. I had seen it, but never used until about a year ago. I love it now!
DeleteAh, there's your gorgeous dress! Saw it on twitter, but looks even more fabulous in larger pics! Great job you did.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteLovely dress Laura. It looks great on you!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteFabulous dress - it suits you so well!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I wore it again today- this time with a slip. So much better!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey! This looks great! You wear it well... and the fabric is a great dotty print... good to hear I was not the only March finisher! ~Laurie
ReplyDeleteThank you! I always have trouble finishing things on time. It's just how I roll.
Delete