I started with a swimsuit for Ashley. We used her old swimsuit, the one that was too small, as a guide. This did not go so well. It was too tight in the hips. I cut the bottom off of it, and decided to make a tankini. After cutting a new, bigger bottom for the swimsuit, I realized I wasn't getting the leg opening right. I pulled out my Jalie underwear pattern and used that to fix it. I should have started with this pattern to begin with! The fabric was purchased at lowpricefabric.com.
I made a swimsuit for myself next, but don't have good pictures yet. They are all blurry. It will get it's own blog post someday soon.
Natalie was begging for hers to be made next, so I picked out an Ottobre pattern and got to work. I used Ottobre 3/2009 #38 with #39 for the top. She and Alona loved this pink camo fabric.
Alona's swimsuit was so quick. Hers was my 4th swimsuit in 2 weeks and the same pattern as Natalie. She has the same size chest and waist as Natalie, so I just added a bit to the hips for hers.
My girls all love their new swimsuits! Can you tell? I wonder how tan they will be by the end of summer...





They all look great! I can't wait to see the one you made yourself! =)
ReplyDeleteThanks! I hope I can get a good picture of my suit today.
DeleteSooooo impressive - from never making swimsuits to a collection of them. Looking forward to seeing yours.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I just posted my swimsuit. :)
DeleteAwww, your girls look so cute in their swimsuits! Happy swimming!
ReplyDeleteThanks! We have been in the pool nearly every single day!
Delete