In following Knock-Off Wood, I found this great post. It really inspired me! She made the floating shelves and then added her decor- and then she added more. I love that she put in seasonal (4th of July) items to add some color. That really inspired me. I have several floating shelves in my living room with lanterns and pictures on them. I feel it still lacks something- and now I know what that something is! I need those little colorful seasonal touches. Because I have white walls and off-white furniture, I can do anything with my decor colors. I am even going to make throw pillow covers for the different seasons. I mean, why not? It is perfect! So, thank you Ashleigh of Bee in our Bonnet! I don't know why I didn't think of this myself.
So for this Make it Monday I challenge you to add a little seasonal decor wherever you can. Make some covers for your throw pillows, add some colored glass beads or other filler to a glass vase or container you have on a shelf, or whatever you think will bring out the season!
Here are the pillows I have. I am off to make some seasonal covers for them! I use velcro to close them so they are easily removed and washed.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to know what you think, and if you have any suggestions. Thanks for commenting!