Thursday, January 2, 2014

Top 5 of 2013- Hits




I'm a bit late, but better late than never!

This year I didn't do a very good job of blogging my makes, so some of these are previously unblogged.

1. Jeans! I set out to make jeans this year, and I did it. They aren't perfect by any means, but I did it.



 2. Sewing for my tween. She needed dresses, and she got a few.





3. Social sewing- I participated in some sewalongs and even finished some of them on time!

Sewcial Bee- the 1st one. I made a top in the 24 hours indicated. Not my best picture, but whatever.

Grunge sewalong- I didn't get pics of my flannel shirt after it was completed, but here are some in progress shots. I'll get to it eventually, I promise...



4. Teaching others- I took the time to help a few people learn to sew a little better.

My friend wanted to make a dress for the girl she watches for her birthday. It turned out better than she ever imagined.

My daughter and her friend made 8 pairs of PJ pants for the girls and leaders attending girls camp over the summer. I supervised (it was hard to let them do and not take over!).

5. Pattern testing- I love doing this. There is still one that is secret, but I can show you the other two I tested this year.

The Presidio Purse by Seamstress Erin was just what Ashley needed. She wanted a big purse, and this fit the bill! She LOVES it. (I will blog this one soon.)


The Camp Stitchalot Bag by Sew Sweetness is a fun bag if you are planning to sew when you travel. I haven't had the chance to use it just yet, but I hope to! I want to attend a Susan Khalje class and I'm aiming for 2015. This would be perfect for taking my supplies.






I feel like I did pretty well this year, apart from not really blogging.


12 comments:

  1. Wow, your daughter and her friend made 8 pairs of pyjama pants? That's amazing! Kudos to you for helping make that happen!
    As as for blogging regularly - I'm glad that you hang out on twitter and we get to chat regularly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily they were all the same pattern, so it was easier. We did it production line style.
    I love hanging out on twitter! I'm so glad I found all of the sewcialists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grunge Archer looks great! (As does everything else.)


    I love seeing all of these year-end roundups, because there's really an evolution. For instance, you have totally different hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! My hair is definitely very different! That only occurred 2 months ago, though. :)
    How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  5. wooh jeans! they look fab. it's one of my goals this year so i'll be looking for tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. Do you have a pattern picked out yet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you reckon you'll let your bob get all mermaid-ish again? (I have a freakish fascination with hair choices, if you can't tell.)

    Also, I'm fine! I just got back to Washington yesterday, and start school on Wednesday, so things should get interesting. So sweet of you to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  8. not yet. maybe the Named Jamie jeans or the new Sewing Space ones that aren't out yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a fun year! Your daughter is so cute-- I can see why you sewed so much for her! Happy 2014!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you are well. Good luck with school! I hope you do well this term.
    As for my hair, I will probably go long again one day. I've had it short like this before. It's a cycle- cut it short, grow it out, cut it short, grow it out- over and over again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really excited about the Sewing Space pattern! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! I'm sure this year will be fantastic. Happy 2014 to you as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think, and if you have any suggestions. Thanks for commenting!