Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wardrobe Architect: week 2

The second week of this project was harder than I thought it would be. I second guess myself and my style, I guess. I had a little help from my husband and my younger sister. Thankfully.

The goal this week is to uncover the styles that feel like yourself and attach words and images to them.

When I'm wearing my favorite clothing I feel confident.

When I'm wearing something that isn't quite right I feel really uncomfortable, and sometimes fat. I want to avoid this. I want to avoid feeling out of place or like I'm wearing someone else's clothes.


I didn't really think I had any style icons. Then I realized that mine are characters in TV shows. Temperance Brennan (Emily Deschanel, Bones), Carrie Wells (Poppy Montgomery, Unforgettable), and Mary Shannon (Mary McCormack, In Plain Sight) are all characters whose style I noticed while watching them. They all have a common thread- they wear jackets or cardigans- often.

I love looking at clothes and other things that feminine and flirty. I don't think this style works for me, though. When I try to pull off this style I feel like it just isn't me.

I asked my husband what he thinks my style is. He described me as classy, older Hollywood actresses, ie Audrey Hepburn. More in the sense that they always looked put together and would never be caught having an off day where style was concerned.  I took this into account when figuring out my style words.

I narrowed it down to three: classic, put together, with a touch of edgy. I think I already knew this, but was so unsure of myself that I couldn't put it into words. I also create a Pinterest board representing these words.











4 comments:

  1. Oh, interesting! I can totally see you being the type to wear cardigans and blazers with interesting details. Perfect things for you to make yourself! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm hoping I can find the styles of jackets that will look best on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sound very similar in style. I'm choosing to focus more effort into the "edgy," only with an artsy (not goth) vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm finding that quite a few people have similar style. It is nice to feel connected! I used to be more edgy in my youth, so I'm bringing it back. I'm not really into goth, so I'm not sure what my edge will be.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think, and if you have any suggestions. Thanks for commenting!